You can also download in PDF at – http://www.ibps7.com/download-pdf.html
- Duplex channel: A communication channel that allows data to be
- transmitted in both directions simultaneously
- Encoder: A small table‐top electronic machine which is a combination of electronic typewriter and calculator – functions: encode numeric data in the MICR in desired font; print a listing of amounts of all instructions with batch/grand totals; zero‐proofing place clearing endorsement, stamp on the reverse of instruments
- Image: A copy in memory of data that exists elsewhere
- Interface: A common boundary between two systems, devices or programmes
- Lock: A key or other group of characters that allows access to specified storage locations or software systems
- Log‐in: To enter the necessary information like personal identification number – PIN and/or password to begin a session on a terminal
- Menu: The list of options may be displayed with a sign code opposite each. The selection may then be made by keying the single code. The method provides simple way of guiding a user through a complex situation by presenting a sequence of simpler decisions
- Main memory: Storage located in the computer for programmes, along with their data, while they are being executed
- MICR: Abbreviation for magnetic ink character recognition. A process in which data printed in ink containing ferromagnetic particles is read by magnetic read heads
- Modem: Acronym for modulator demodulator – a device that converts digital data output from another device into analog data that can be transmitted over communication lines or vice versa.
- OCR: Abbreviation for Optical Character Recognition
- Output device: A device that can provide for only the output of data, such as a printer or card punch
- Password: A group of characters by which a user is uniquely identified, when logging on to a terminal or when submitting a programme for execution
- Real Time: The time that passes on an ordinary clock
- Scan: To examine sequentially all the records in a file in order to find those whose keys meet a specified criterion
- Soft Copy: Output that is displayed on the screen of a video display unit
- SWIFT: Society for Worldwide Inter‐bank Financial Telecommunication
- VDU: Abbreviation for Visual Display Unit
- Bandwidth: How much stuff you can send through a connection. Usually measured in bits per second
- Beta: Preliminary or testing stage of a software or hardware product: “a beta version beta software.
Computer Terminology Chapter 1
IBPS PO GK Expected Questions Pattern (18, 19 October & 1, 2 November 2019)
- 1 Question about state capital
- 1 Question about country capital
- 1 question from currency (this time they has asked in negative way i.e. which one haven’t Euro currency) Note- Remember all countries names which have dolor, Euro, Ruppe, Rial, Real and peso currencies
- Nobel Winners Name (1 Question) – Know More
- Full form of banking terms (2 Questions)
- Latest award winner names and their field like that related to which sports
- Question on Swachh Bhart Abhiyan
- Question on HudHud
- Question on latest banking scheme
- Bank’s tagline
- Recentally appointed governer, CM, CJI and department head
- 1 questions from census 2019 (highest density, sex ratio, education ratio, most populated state etc )
- One question from “Phla Kadam, Pahli udan” SBI minor accoonut scheme
- One Question from JANDHAN YOJNA
- One question from book author name
- Dedicated line: It is a phone line meant specifically for one thing, like being attached to a computer
- Demodulation: It is the process of converting analog information into digital information
- DLL: Dynamic Link Library
- DNS: Domain Name Server – it is the system used on the internet for maping names to the actual numerical addresses of machines on the Internet
- DOS: Disc Operating System
- Domain name: A name that identifies one or more IP addresses
- Driver: A program that controls a device. Every device, whether it can be a printer, disk drive, or keyboard must have one driver program
- EBCDIC: Extended Binary Coded Decimal Interchange Code
- Email: Stands for electronic mail. It is a system of relaying messages across the Internet from one internet user to another
- Encryption: It is the process of converting data into “unreadable code” so that unauthorized people cannot understand the contents
- Ethernet: A networking system that enables high speed data communication over coaxial cables
- Executable file: A file in a format that the computer can directly execute
- FAQ: Frequently asked questions
- GUI: Graphical User Interface
- FTP: File transfer protocol
- HTML: Hyper Text Markup Language
- Icon: A small video display that acts as an activation link when clicked on
- ISP: Internet service provider
- ISDN: Integrated Services Digital Network
Computer Terminology Chapter 1
www.pmjdy.gov.in PMJDY Official website, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna Dedicated portal web address is www.pmjdy.gov.in
Department of financial services (DFS) in the finance ministry launched official website for Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna on Monday 27 October 2019. Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna is well known as PMJDY so its portal name is www.pmjdy.gov.in . This official dedicated portal is available in both languages Hindi & English. According to official date on 09-08-2019, A total of 30248406 accounts have been opened and on Oct 22, a total of 6.47 crore accounts have been opened with a deposit of Rs 4,813.59 crore under the scheme. Secretary in the department of financial services (DFS) in the finance ministry name is GS Sandhu has been launched dedicated portal.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna Benefits of Jan Dhan Yojana
- You can open account for zero balance saving mode.
- Account holder will receive a kit containing cheque book, financial literacy and pass book. However this would vary from bank to bank and account usage.
- Every account holder will get RuPay Debit card (which is India’s domestic debit card) included in the welcome kit. You can read benefits of rupay card here. RuPay card can also be used for eCommerce transactions.
- Person will also get Aadhar number on the spot.
- Family of account holder will get accident insurance cover of Rs. 1,00,000.
- Life cover of Rs. 30, 000 was declared as an incentive for those opening the account by 26 January 2019. This life cover would be provided by India’s largest insurance company – Life Insurance Corporation of India.
- Overdraft (loan) facility of Rs. 5000 would be provided once account holder completes 6 months and has kept account active.
- Loan amount would be increased to Rs. 15,000 if repayment is done on-time by the person. Ofcourse this would depend on each bank.
- Overdraft facility would benefit individuals who had been relying on money lenders charging high interest rates.
- However in order to avoid overdraft frauds, only Aadhar linked accounts would be eligible for overdraft facility.
- Farmers dependency on money lenders would reduce as they’ve been relying on money lenders especially in rural areas. Once trapped by money lenders, whole family’s future is ruined.
- Mobile banking would be available and technical platform will be built connecting all the banks and telecom operators so that customers can access mobile banking facility with ease.
- Account holder will also get interest on deposit and access to pension and insurance products
Official Website -www.pmjdy.gov.in
Many exams have GK or GA sections. Candidate should be prepared GK for upcoming bank exam i.e. IBPS RRB officer Scale, IBPS RRB Assistant, IBPS PO & Clerk.
Tips & Tricks To remember GK for IBPS RRB PO Clerk Exams
- Read with interest
- Discuss with your friends.
- Read GK loudly because human mind easily capture sound
- Read news paper regularly and read complete news
- Make daily notes on GK because writing gives remember power
- Apply in daily life and co-relate with daily life things
- Read weekly and monthly magazine related to general knowledge.
- When you free and sitting with your friends, lover & parents, should be discuss at least one GK/GA topic daily.
Non Banking Finance Companies
Download this content in PDF at – http://www.ibps7.com/download-pdf.html
1. Arun Duggal appointed as non-executive Chairman of Credit rating agency ICRA
2.ICICI Bank, the country’s largest private sector lender, has tied up with Zopper, an e-commerce app for offline and online price comparison.
3.Orion spacecraft marks dawn of new chapter in space exploration: US
4.American, South African hostages killed in Yemen
5.The Fifth World Cup Kabaddi begins on 06 December at Jalandhar in Punjab. 19 teams from 15 nations are participating in the tournament. These include 11 Men’s and 8
6.PSU bank ATMs will be able to print in Hindi soon
7.Ashton Carter new US defense secretary
8.Senior IAS officer Dinesh Kumar was today appointed as Chief Executive Officer of the Polavaram Project Authority.
9.ICICI Bank sells Russian subsidiary to Sovcombank