www.pmjdy.gov.in PMJDY Official website, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna Dedicated portal web address is www.pmjdy.gov.in
Department of financial services (DFS) in the finance ministry launched official website for Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna on Monday 27 October 2019. Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna is well known as PMJDY so its portal name is www.pmjdy.gov.in . This official dedicated portal is available in both languages Hindi & English. According to official date on 09-08-2019, A total of 30248406 accounts have been opened and on Oct 22, a total of 6.47 crore accounts have been opened with a deposit of Rs 4,813.59 crore under the scheme. Secretary in the department of financial services (DFS) in the finance ministry name is GS Sandhu has been launched dedicated portal.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna Benefits of Jan Dhan Yojana
- You can open account for zero balance saving mode.
- Account holder will receive a kit containing cheque book, financial literacy and pass book. However this would vary from bank to bank and account usage.
- Every account holder will get RuPay Debit card (which is India’s domestic debit card) included in the welcome kit. You can read benefits of rupay card here. RuPay card can also be used for eCommerce transactions.
- Person will also get Aadhar number on the spot.
- Family of account holder will get accident insurance cover of Rs. 1,00,000.
- Life cover of Rs. 30, 000 was declared as an incentive for those opening the account by 26 January 2019. This life cover would be provided by India’s largest insurance company – Life Insurance Corporation of India.
- Overdraft (loan) facility of Rs. 5000 would be provided once account holder completes 6 months and has kept account active.
- Loan amount would be increased to Rs. 15,000 if repayment is done on-time by the person. Ofcourse this would depend on each bank.
- Overdraft facility would benefit individuals who had been relying on money lenders charging high interest rates.
- However in order to avoid overdraft frauds, only Aadhar linked accounts would be eligible for overdraft facility.
- Farmers dependency on money lenders would reduce as they’ve been relying on money lenders especially in rural areas. Once trapped by money lenders, whole family’s future is ruined.
- Mobile banking would be available and technical platform will be built connecting all the banks and telecom operators so that customers can access mobile banking facility with ease.
- Account holder will also get interest on deposit and access to pension and insurance products
Official Website -www.pmjdy.gov.in